Helpful ways to use technology during a crisis
Technology is everywhere. It is on the street, where different vehicles pass by. It is in commercial buildings, where machines and computers were used. It is in offices and schools where information technology is widely used. And, it is in our homes, where machines and gadgets make our tasks easier and faster and help us communicate with our loved ones who are far from us. Now, that the CoVid-19 pandemic is widespread it has led to an inevitable blast of digital technologies due to social distancing norms and nationwide lockdowns. People, companies, and organizations from all over the world adjusted to the new ways of life and work. And technology has been a great help in this pandemic; lockdowns have resulted in most people taking to the internet and internet-based services to communicate, interact and continue with their school and job responsibilities at home. Though we can see that some quarantine guidelines have been relaxed, we can also predict that the use of various techniques in our daily tasks and jobs will be here to stay because, to be honest, it makes our lives easier.
Technology is truly helpful in this time of pandemic. And here are the things that prove it:
- It makes gatherings possible, not physical gatherings of course but virtual gatherings. With the use of messaging apps and video conferencing tools like FB Messenger, Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams, virtual gatherings are now in trend. May it be social gatherings, classes, business meetings, church services, and even work transactions. We can have these gatherings now through video conferencing and we call it virtual gatherings.
- Digitalization of marketing. Through the use of the internet, together with cellphones, computers, and gadgets. Business owners can now advertise online which can have a lot of benefits. With digital marketing, businesses can also reach a much wider range of demographic reach.
- Online banking and E-wallets are now being normalized. The virus can spread through passing objects from one person to another, and money is one of them. Through online banking and e-wallets, transactions using money can now be done online. Online payments can also limit the physical contact of people to avoid the spread of the virus.
- Technology helps in the work-from-home set-up. Work-from-home is the solution made by the companies to continue their operations. As time goes by, this setup can also be normalized even at the end of this pandemic. And working from home is not possible without the use of technology. Tools like laptops, desktops, gadgets, internet connections, and networks are essential for a work-from-home set-up.
- High-tech health facilities and medical equipment. Good health is important in this time of the pandemic. Monitoring our physical body can help us know if we are healthy or sick. With the self-monitoring health equipment, we can now monitor our conditions at home to avoid crowding in the hospitals which are now full. In hospitals, there is also high-tech medical equipment that can help doctors, and front-liners save lives.